Electrical Service Upgrade – Where to start…

You’ve decided to upgrade your panel, what’s next?

To help make the process as painless as possible, we’ve put together a list of the most commonly asked questions and answers along with some useful links and guidelines so you’ll know what to expect…

Once you’ve decided to upgrade your panel, the first step is to request a “Utility Meter Spot”. Whether it’s an electrical service upgrade or a new service, this is a required step to get things rolling in the right direction. If you are a current residential customer with Anaheim Public Utilities this can be done online, in person or by calling customer service with the contact information listed below although this service is also available if SCE or PGE is your service provider. Once the “Utility Meter Spot” has been requested a utility inspector will contact you within 2-3 business days and provide you with a simple diagram called a meter spot report.

In Person:

Anaheim Public Utilities Customer Service

201 South Anaheim Boulevard
1st Floor
Anaheim, CA 92805

Or you can call Customer Service at 714-765-3300

Please have the following information ready…

• Your name and home address

• What you plan to do (new service, relocate or an electrical panel upgrade)

• A phone number and email address to get in touch with you

The Utility Inspector will check the outdoor utility wires and location of where to connect to your panel and can answer any questions about your project. Also, keep the Meter Spot Report handy for your required building permit.

Call us at 1-888-WATTS 4 U or try our “Service Request” and schedule an appointment today!

Try our “Service Request” and

schedule an appointment today!

Call Now!